Welcome to my blog spot!

Hey guys! Welcome and enjoy my blog spot. I'll be updating you on all my moves throughout the year, event after event.
So enjoy some funny stories with me as I travel the world and America chasing my dream of being on the PGA Tour!

Please feel to visit my website at christianries.com

Thanks to those of you for taking the time to check in and feel free to ask or comment where you see fit.

Thanks again and God Bless!!!

Christian Ries

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Through First Stage and on we go!

Hey all.

I write with some great news- I successfully qualified through the first stage of PGA tour Q School.

Two more to go!!

I shot 3 under for the week and finished in a tie for eighth, with the top eighteen and ties advancing through to the second stage.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the process of q school, there are three stages and golfers are eliminated at each stage until you reach the final stage of 165 golfers. After the six competitive rounds the top 25 gain their playing privileges on the PGA Tour for the 2012 season and the remaining 50 gain full privileges on the Nationwide Tour for the 2012 season.

In a nut shell: "It's the most nerve wracking three weeks of a golfers life."

Now the beauty of me is that I'm playing well at the moment and feel extremely confident in my ability. I'm also taking the second stage on with an attitude of what ever happens happens.

I read yesterday in my bible study that when you realize that God loves you for who you are and your family loves you for who you are then it doesn't matter what you shoot, cause their love is unconditional. What a revelation.

Thanks again for all the support from all around the world!

I'll be playing a Peach State Tour event the week before 2Nd stage in Valrico Fl as a tune up- anything to keep my game sharp.

I'll keep you guys posted.

God Bless.

Christian Ries

No comments:

Post a Comment